- Highlander Festival (Scottish festival) September 9th & 10th, 2023 in Kelso 2 hours away https://www.kelso.gov/visitors/highlander-festival
Also activities for anytime:
- hot tub boat
- flying a drone
- mushroom foraging
- improv shows
- Eating the world's largest bowl of pho
- Bakery Nouveau - flakey croissants
- Fuji bakery - Japanese bakery with hojicha latte and masadas
- Sea wolf bakery - they have a bread making class too!
- Hood famous cafe - Filipino cafe with flavors like ube and pandan in their coffee and desserts. I highly recommend this!
- Lighthouse roaster - known for their coffee
- Hello Em Viet coffee - Vietnamese cafe with egg coffee
- Salt & Straw - olive oil and blue cheese + pear flavored ice cream - take it to eat at Cal Anderson park while dog watching
- Top pot donuts - a variety of affordable donuts
- Molly Moon ice cream - Yeti flavored ice cream
- Pho Bac Súp Shop - their beef short ribs pho has a giant bones to pick off
- ChuMinh Tofu - really good vegan Vietnamese food (can't really tell it's vegan) with buffet
- Carmelos tacos - amazing tacos and quesadillas, they don't have seats so take your food to Cal Anderson!
- Shiki - try out their geoduck. Authentic Japanese food
- Taurus Ox - Laotian food. Try the Thom Khem pork belly and lemongrass sausage
- Cafe Turko- Turkish food by the Fremont troll
- Far Eats Cafe - Indian food with dosa during lunch. Next to where Daphne lives.
- Kedai Makan - Malaysian restaurant
- Arashi ramen - never been but a Japanese friend recommended
- ChuMinh tofu - they have $25 vegan Vietnamese buffet or their regular menu. The lady there is sweet!
- MOTO pizza - Detroit style pizza, open Weds-Sat, can gather a line so go early
- Bongos - Caribbean sandwich where you get to dip your toes in the sand
- Oinnk - ramen with Chinese spin
- Fonda La Catrina - Mexican food if you make your way down to SODO
- Due' Cucina Italiana - truffle pasta
Note: might draw a bigger crowd so make sure to plan ahead.
- Biscuit bitch - biscuit in creamy gravy, has a Belltown and Pike place location, order ahead to pick up
- Bangrak market - Thai restaurant. Make reservations
- The Pink door- $$$ reserve ahead for seat with a view of the ferris wheel or burlesque
- Looking for chai - good Taiwanese food
- Hakka House Chinese cuisine - pass by if you're going to North Bend for biking.
- 85 deg C - Taiwanese cafe with baked good
Things to do
- Ballard locks - find their blue heron herds and check whether it's salmon season! It's fun to watch the water manually rise and fall to allow ships to pass through.
- Parkour class - free class at Seattle community college at 6pm on Tuesdays
- Archie McPhee - prank store for odd gifts
- Seattle Recreative - second hand arts and craft store for the one button you're missing
- Fremont Saturday farmers market - huge farmers market with a section for food and another for clothing
- Mox boarding house - dine while borrowing from their wide selection of board games
- National Nordic museum - never been but sounds fun
- Seattle Glass museum
- Bruce Lee grave
- Bainbridge island - take the ferry and try Mora iced creamery
- San Juan islands - Alpaca farm, Amaro sheep farm, lavendar farm, ride mopeds
- woodworking classes https://www.rockler.com/retail/stores/wa/seattle-store#mt
- Golden Gardens Beach